Pages

Sunday 16 August 2015

Shouting with your boob out.

I will set the scene; I am trying to put Master D and Master L to bed. To do this requires me to lie with Master L whilst he calms and starts drifting off to sleep. As Miss DL is breastfeeding I took the opportunity to lie her down and feed her too. This was all hunky dory until Master D decided to mess around and after lots of "go to sleep, stop messing, please be quiet" it was time for my stern voice.

So there I am, standing up with one boob out, using my stern voice to tell both boys to go to sleep. All was going well, and Master D was listening to me, that is until Master L declared "MUMMY! You forgot to put your boobie away!!"

Its true, I had one boob in and one boob out. Does the fact that I was stood like this make 'light' of a serious situation? It sure did in this instance. We all ended up giggling like lunatics and poor Miss DL was wondering where her bedtime milk was!

 
H.x

2 comments:

  1. this made me chuckle, kids have a way of making light any situation don't they x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely do! I think sometimes you have to step back and reevaluate the situation. Taking a minute to calm down & maybe lighten the mood means things get done a lot quicker!

      Delete